” blog   ”/” shop  ”/” gallery”/” submissions ”/” press  ”/” contact”/

Dec 19, 2010

J'ADORE PAPIER D'AMOUR, GLAMOUR ET PIE



If you want to make a wreath of your own a bit like this one, have a look at Eddie Ross "how to", using a clothes hanger, hot gun and baubles instructions are here










{images: photography by virginia macdonald for style at home and souced from Nestfully.com



I love Papier D'Amour here in Australia, here below are some of my favourites from their online shop...

All Available online at PAPIER D'AMOUR





Poster would look great framed in white IKEA frame in Boy's Room

Poster from Papier D'Amour


Their paper lanterns would look wonderful above a Dessert Buffet.


Looking at other paper goods thought this would look great in a boy's room by Bold and Noble



Pumpkin Pie: Monday's Recipe

Pic from here
Share a piece of pie for Christmas, pic from Nestfully.Com


I love Pumpkin Pie!  it reminds me of my gorgeous Grandmother -  my grandparents were one of the first Australian Army families to be posted to Japan after the Second World War.  My Grandmother made friends with quite a few American families and learnt to cook Pumpkin Pie from them. Their posting was part of a historic peace process after the war and was in all of the Australian Newspapers at that time and I loved photos of my Grandmother in the newsclippings in all her gorgeous hats, gloves and attire, she always looked glamourous.

It was my favourite thing to eat  at my Grandmother's house. My gorgeous American friend Lynda shared her recipe with me and trust me it's delicious, particularly with a dollop of double cream. She is an extraordinary cook and is about to have a baby, all at LittleBig wish her wellxxx

Lynda's Pumpkin Pie Recipe 
Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
...1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust (or you can make your own from scratch)
Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
Yummy with a dollop of cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment