” blog   ”/” shop  ”/” gallery”/” submissions ”/” press  ”/” contact”/

Jul 26, 2012

Fairy Themed Baby Shower

Today's party submission is from Laura's little party printables, I love the fairy wands in the cake pops!!!very sweet idea! 

As explained by Laura "Once my sister announced she was expecting, not only was I excited, but I immediately started planning a theme for a baby shower I would be giving her! I wanted to do a fairy theme, but focus more on the fairy wands, soft colours, and lots of tulle. 

I chose pink, gray, and silver for the color palette. Most of the decor was made by hand, or recycled furniture that I painted, etc. I made the centerpieces out of paper fans, krinkle paper, and coffee filters. The wreath hanging on the door was made from a pool noodle, and coffee filters. {both items were purchased from Dollar tree}. I made the diaper cake {first time ever} from start to finish. I had fun adding cardboard stars, tulle, silver fairy wands, onesies, and anything else I could find! The "sweets" banner, and "Rowan" banner I made by hand. {I think I'm the only party girl that doesn't have a cricut machine!!} tee hee hee. 

The dessert table was set up on an old-fashioned dresser, that I repainted white. I made big marshmallow pops, and repainted a bubble gum machine, and filled it with pink & white circus animal cookies. I used silver fairy wands for sticks on my pink cakepops. The cupcakes were store bought, but I created the cupcake toppers to reflect the shower theme. The onesie, and fairy cookies were made by ronisugarcreations. 

The luncheon was full of delicious food. I made the party menus, and set one on each plate. I wrapped the plasticware in napkins, and tulle napkin rings. The backdrop for the lunch table was created by a wooden door that I painted pink, and added gray polka dots. The gray material was used as curtains. The guests all had a great time, and the mother to be was smitten with the shower I created for her" 

Vendor credits ~ Party design & decor: LAURA’S little PARTY 
Photography: LAURA’S little PARTY Party printables: LAURA’S little PARTY
 Fairy invitations: Sweet Pop Studio {https://www.facebook.com/sweetpopstudio}
 Fairy & onesie cookies: ronisugarcreations {https://www.facebook.com/ronisugar}














2 comments:

  1. Could you tell me where you got the star fairy sticks for the cake pops? They are adorable! (Plus im obsessed with stars) LOVE them! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every detail is so sweet and charming! But I LOVE the door backdrop...so cute and clever! Your sister must have loved this whole party.:-)

    ReplyDelete