” blog   ”/” shop  ”/” gallery”/” submissions ”/” press  ”/” contact”/

Dec 14, 2012

MAY YOUR DAYS BE MERRY AND BRIGHT - CHRISTMAS EVENT BY Darling Details



MAY YOUR DAYS BE MERRY AND BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DINNER EVENT. Darling Details styled this bright and Merry Christmas party love the colours and the touches of gold.

As told by Monique from Darling Details
"I had the pleasure to style an intimate Christmas Dinner Event for a select group of Adelaide’s elite over the weekend.The event was held at my clients amazing penthouse apartment across the road from Henley Beach in Adelaide. It was a dream setting as the balcony was nearly as big as the apartment! The only brief from my client was it had to ooze sophistication with a modern twist. With this in mind I choose an unusual Christmas colour palette of hot pink, emerald, black, w
hite and gold. I complimented the colours with textural elements such as glitter, tinsel, stripes, baubles and fabric. To keep in line with a clean modern look I kept the guest table uncluttered and let the colours create the impact. I used white linen together with a black and white stripe fabric table runner. Modern black chargers adorned with gold tinsel lined the table together with white crockery and table stationary designed by the parchment place. The table centerpiece consisted of two gorgeous glass cloches filled with textured spray painted baubles. To compliment the modern Christmas table I created accordion style Christmas trees using the same stripe pattern paper as featured on all stationary. The trees were topped off with some gold sparkle too! To assist in styling the dessert table I called upon Adelaide’s best cake artist, Janet from The Cupcake Lady who created two incredible cakes. The cakes complimented the stationary which was designed to perfection! The dessert table also featured the most stylish macarons I have ever seen from Lil Miss Macaron, the colours were amazing together with deliciously gorgeous mini raspberry cheesecakes from Say Cheese! Cakes. To keep with the minimalist look I choose a select few props and a stylish tassel made by Bianca of Blush loves mint. PS. The beach was the perfect backdrop to this stylish event but unfortunately the weather didn’t play fair! The weather did prove a challenge with lovely morning sea breezes turning into gusty strong winds of up to 60km/hr by early afternoon which meant the event was moved indoors much to my disappointment. So unfortunately many of my creative ideas and time were blown away, I’m still crying!!"















No comments:

Post a Comment