” blog   ”/” shop  ”/” gallery”/” submissions ”/” press  ”/” contact”/

Jan 27, 2013

"Message in a Bottle", A Valentine's day party by Sweet Scarlet Designs





Sweet Scarlet Designs designed this "Message in a Bottle" Valentines Printable Set and styled her party with her gorgeous printables...

When my family were posted to Mauritius from Australia and we lived there for a number of years I once threw a bottle in the water with a message in it, the water is so beautiful and clear in Mauritius and I hoped that someone would get it and send me a message back!

So when I got this gorgeous party land in my email box I loved it...

As Elise says "Wouldn't we all love to receive a romantic message in a bottle from some mysterious source? Whether the sender is anonymous or someone we know, how romantic to receive a beautiful love letter – floating atop the waves!

To style the dessert table for this set I used lots of nautical items mixed in with the Valentines theme – anchors (which I am in LOVE with right now!), hooks, bottles, twine, sand, starfish and sea shells. I love all these elements mixed with the white, pale pink, red and gray colors of the printable set.

I kept the food for this table very simple and easy for any host to re-create including vanilla cupcakes, creaming soda jell-O pots, meringue cakes, strawberry milk, lollipops, Hershey's Kisses and assorted candy.

The location I chose to photograph the table is very much in keeping with the nautical theme at the William Gunn Jetty, Manly, Brisbane. I was so lucky that this beautiful replica Schooner sailing boat was in dock and made THE perfect background for the table.'




















1 comment:

  1. Such romantic pieces. What can be better for such an occasion than such lovely details?! Here're some ideas of how to make up the plan of Valentine;s Day celebration:
    Valentine's hint.
    By the way, I followed you up with GFC, it'd be great if you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete