” blog   ”/” shop  ”/” gallery”/” submissions ”/” press  ”/” contact”/

Jan 14, 2014

An Amazing Unicorn Garden Party by Lilian from Oliver's Alma Cottage

Lilian from Oliver's Almas Cottage styled this gorgeous party for her twin girls as told by Lillian:
My twins turned 4 in November and I struggled to find a 'theme' that they would both like. Indy is obsessed with Unicorns and has been all year. Aurelia is not...but she LOVES flowers so I thought I would combine the two and have a Unicorn Garden Party. We set it up at home as we have 5 acres, and I surprised the girls with 'Unicorn' Pony Rides. They were so excited about this! I set up the table to represent a unique abstract garden with quirky diamond and triangle elements that Aurelia loved. My sister in law, Lauren owns LOve Cakes and she made the girls two tiered watercolour cake which looked and tasted amazing!
I also asked Juli from One Sweet Girl to make me some fun unicorn and flower cookies, some meringue unicorn farts, some cake pops and some beautiful cupcakes. They really matched the gorgeous Utopia cookies from Donna at Sweet Table. Donna also made the coconut slice, the Vanilla Wafer Unicorn Horns and the Oreo's. Ed from Macarahrah made the cutest cloud and butterfly macarons that were eaten in a heartbeat!
 I had wanted it to be magical for my girls, and the dresses I had bought in a tiny dress shop in Beechworth Victoria while my husband and I were away for our anniversary. They looked so sweet in them and didnt take them off all day even though it was over 30 degrees. All the photography was done by my dear friend, Lee from Lee Bird Photography. She always blows me away with her patience with the girls and her pics are amazing! I am so happy the girls loved it and that their friends and family enjoyed the day so much. 
Vendors
Macarahrah - https://www.facebook.com/Macarahrah?fref=ts
Rock Candy Crystal Sticks and Glass compotes from The Little Big Company
Sequin Table cloth from Any Occasion Events























2 comments: